This is the inaugural post where I post interesting links. Enjoy.
Notable Programming and Computer Science Pages:
- The Lost Art of C Structure Packing. When you are dealing with bits and bytes, structure alignment and packing can become critical.
- What Every Computer Scientist Should Know About Floating-Point Arithmetic. An edited, reprinted article.
- Static Packet Construction with C++ Templates. Interesting approach to using templates for packet construction.
Web Optimization, Marketing, SEO
- Google Search Engine Optimization Guide (pdf). This PDF document contains some basic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tips straight from Google.
- Finding the right CDN for your startup – MacCDN, CloudFront, and CloudFlare. A comparison of a few CDNs from the view point of a startup.
- The LinkedIn settings most people miss.
- How to Profit by Spying on the Competition. Article on competitive research from HitTail.
Privacy and Security
- How to remove yourself from all background check websites. Chances are that your information is being collected and sold for pennies. Here is how to get yourself removed from some of the bigger sites.
- Jobless and living in my truck…(with Pics). Guy looses job, then decided to live in his truck and has some amazing adventures.